Messenger is an instant messaging app developed by Facebook. This app allows users to send instant messages back and forth with friends and family.
Messenger was built for both iOS and Android platforms. iOS users have to download it from the Apple’s App Store while Android users download it from the Google Play Store.
This post however serves as a guide on how to download the Messenger app from the Apple App Store unto iPhones. This guide also proves effective for all other iOS devices.
How to Download the Messenger App on iPhone
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection.
- Tap on the App Store icon.
- On the search bar, type in “Messenger” and enter to initiate the search. The app icon should appear amongst the first five search results.
- Tap on the Messenger icon.
- Tap on the “Get” button which appears.
- If required, enter your Apple ID or password as the case may be.
You might be required to input your Apple ID or password on some occasions when trying to download an app from the App Store. This often happens if you’ve not used the App Store in a long while.
The app will begin downloaded and once done, will get installed automatically.