When Facebook acquired Instagram, lots of people felt different kinds of ways about it. A few people liked the fact while others flat out didn’t. It’s not quite certain if there was a rational reason as to why people reacted so.
But a while after the acquisition, a new means of accessing Instagram was introduced. People could now log in to their Instagram account with their Facebook account. Again, it’s not certain anyone saw that coming.
If you ask me, I’d say it’s a good thing seeing as it brings some level of fluidity into using the two social media sites.
Apart from the fluidity it introduces (which only a few users may appreciate), this link between Facebook and Instagram has other advantages. Users can invite friends from one platform to like stuff they post on the other platform. This increases your chances of acquiring more likes foe your posts and possibly, followers.
Furthermore, people who avail themselves of the commercial opportunity Facebook offers by selling items on the Facebook Marketplace can expose their items to a wide audience of prospective buyers.
Ways to Log in to Instagram with Facebook
There are two methods to log in to Instagram via Facebook. Both methods will be separated and the steps involved clearly stated below.
Method I: Log in with Instagram App
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap on the blue “Log In with Facebook” button below the tabs you’d normally enter your Instagram log in details.
- You’ll be promoted to enter your Facebook log in details. Do so.
- This will take you straight into your Instagram account.
Method II: Log in from within Facebook
- Log into your Facebook account.
- On the main navigation menu, there’s an Instagram link which if clicked will take you directly to your Instagram account provided the Instagram app is installed on your device. This link is right below the link to your personal profile and above the links to pages you manage, if any.