Of the ginormous number of people who avail themselves of the services Facebook offers, only a few go as far as surpassing using Facebook for only its social media attributes – sending messages and uploading photos, etc.
Facebook has grown to become much more than just a social media site. One of the services it now offers which distinguishes it from other social sites is the Marketplace service. This service enables users to buy and sell items right on Facebook.
To take advantage of the Marketplace on Facebook either as a buyer or seller, read below to find out what’s required of you.
How to join Marketplace as a Buyer
Users interested in buying stuff on Facebook Marketplace have to do the following:
- Access the Facebook app and log into their account.
- Tap on the shop front looking icon (it’s a regular house with blue roofing).
- Search for the item they’re interested in buying.
- Once found, tap on the item.
- Send a message to the seller indicating their interest in their item.
- Sellers often get back to possible buyers to begin negotiations.
How to join Marketplace as a Seller
Users who have items they would like to sell have to:
- Log into their Facebook account and access the Marketplace feature.
- Add items available for sale and save them.
- Add a title to each item and give suitable descriptions.
- Give prices for each item.
- Add items under appropriate categories and click “Deliver for Sale“.
With these, your items will be displayed for sale. Interested buyers will get in touch with you.