Right off the bat, I can think of three reasons why one would want to block persons on Facebook – I’m sure there’s more.
First reason is, they were plane annoying and you had to cut ties with them. Second reason is, you broke up with someone and had to block them so as to avoid awkwardness. Third reason is, it happened by mistake.
However, if some of these people whom you’ve blocked may have somehow gotten back into your good graces and you’d like to patch things up with them, you could easily unblock them. Thank goodness Facebook allows that.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
On Mobile Devices
- Open the Facebook app by tapping on its icon.
- Tao on the hamburger menu on the bottom right corner(iOS) or top right corner(Android).
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- From the pop-up menu, select Account Settings.
- Tap on Blocking.
A page with a list of people you’ve blocked will be displayed with an Unblock option to the right of every name.
- Tap on the Unblock option next to a particular name of the person you want to unblock.
- You’ll be asked via a pop-up message if you really want to unblock the person. If so, go ahead and tap on the Unblock button on the bottom left corner.
It doesn’t end there. Unblocking someone doesn’t automatically bring them back unto your friends list. You have to send them a friend request to make that happen.
- Visit the facebook website through, www.facebook.com
- Enter your login details to access your account.
- Click on the downward facing arrow on the top right corner, on the blue notifications panel.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Blocking on the left handside of the page that appears.
- On the next page, a list of friends you’ve blocked is displayed. Click on the Unblock button next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
- You’ll be asked via a pop-up message if you really want to unblock the person. Click on the Confirm button on the bottom right corner to go ahead.
To be friends again with this person, you have to send them a friend request.